10 Love/Hate Things About Being on the Road
i am currently sitting in Delaware (i don’t think i’ve actually met anyone from Delaware until i walked into the hotel here) and after a long time in the car from the drive from Rhode Island….i had some time to reflect on my sometimes overwhelming situation. we’ve been on the road now for 19 days-although it truly feels like 39.
i had to include a few pictures of our great time in Newport. did the feature picture of me yawning make you yawn too? because i yawned again looking at it.
here is what i find challenging about being on the road:
1) not having a place to come home to (in these 19 days we’ve stayed 12 different places)
2) lacking in alone time
3) living out of a suitcase
4) not eating as healthy or as fresh as i’m used to or would like to be
5) being trapped in a car while PMSing-yes it’s a verb for me
6) balancing being a wife and a business partner
7) always feeling a low level of anxiety (more on that update coming soon)
8) not sleeping well and waking up not knowing what city i’m in
9) having to constantly create your own motivation and work to-do list
10) the unknown
here is what i’m loving about the experience:
1) seeing parts of this country i’ve never been to before
2) how my marriage is evolving
3) getting to work with my husband
4) meeting new and interesting people
5) eating the local foods and traditions of the places we visit
6) visiting friends that i haven’t seen in forever
7) proving to myself that i’m stronger than i often believe i am
8) not having to clean
9) the opportunity to create our own destiny and be my own boss
10) the unknown
so i will take a deep breath and focus on all the great things i get to experience and remind myself this is most likely a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
the new wifestyle: sometimes when you get overwhelmed by where you are at right now, take a moment to list out both the negatives and positive of your situation.
1) last time you made a pro/con list for something in your life?
2) what do you do when you get overwhelmed?
3) tell me something happy about your life right now!