Tell Me Something Good – The Little Things
we made it to friday – high fives for everyone! to be honest, i struggled with what to write about today. i wanted to share one specific, feel good story demonstrating something profoundly positive in the world but nothing came to me. i was talking to my husband and i started listing all the ‘little things’ that were good about this most recent week and our life but for whatever reason, they didn’t seem significant enough to warrant a blog post about them.
it was after an hour of laying around that i realized those small things are the exactly reason i started this weekly article of sharing goodness. how silly of me to so quickly lose sight of the fact that all of those little things in our lives that are going well are exactly the type of occurrences we should be paying more attention to!
in no specific order, here is what is on my list of goodness at the moment:
- being in love
- going to lunch with my dad (and seeing someone from high school – hi sarah!)
- going for a 7 mile walk (!) with my husband along the south platte river and never running out of things to talk about
- spending last weekend with my grandparents
- seeing my grandma’s art in an art show (and insisting to take her photo by them just like she did for me growing up)! isn’t she so talented?!
- having our dog be so excited to see us when we get home
- seeing a driver let two cars merge into her lane
- the sun coming back out
- seeing my husband in his element, being completely himself and delivering so much value in his keynote #proudwife
- spending time with my mom
- wheat thins being on sale
- laughing about our starkly different pregnancies with my sister
- having my health
- the ability to buy $30 of fresh fruit from the grocery store
- that we booked our *daughter’s* first flight for thanksgiving to dallas (lindsay – let’s go get that margarita since i was newly knocked up last time i was there)!
making that list was a helpful reminder that there are good things, both big and little, happening around us constantly. the kicker is that that i/you/we have to become more conscious of these things or we may not recognize them!
with that, i want to hear the big and little things of goodness happening in your world!