Pregnancy Update: Month 7
i am officially in my third trimester and i feel like i ended up here quicker than a one hit wonder spends his money!
today actually marks my 31st week of pregnancy so entering the 8th month (!). my 7th month was so far one of my favorite ones. my energy was consistently up for the most part, my belly was obviously pregnant but not so huge that i knocked things off tables and i finally got the whole ‘pregnant on the beach‘ thing down!
- once i hit 27 weeks, her chance of survival should she be born early jumps to 85% – what a relief!
- getting to see our besties in portland get surprise married (and other friends there)!
- having friends and my family members all feel her move and very distinctly
- her kicks and punches getting more defined and stronger (i prefer this feeling to the little flutters and swooshes from the month previous)
- continuing to compare notes with my sister, who is experiencing a very different pregnancy than me (remember – bursts of joy!?)
- finally got our registry together (we opted for target but not my most favorite process and not sure i’d recommend it)
- my husband put his ear to my stomach and could hear her heart beating at 28 weeks!
- getting to visit my in-laws on the beach before they move here next month!
- had my glucose testing and didn’t get a call so that means i’m in the clear YAY!
- sleep and i are no longer friends
- the heat is completely zapping me and making me feel sick
- air travel is so not my favorite but i will say it’s way better to fly to florida from denver rather than portland! i appear to be much more susceptible to motion sickness and turbulence while pregnant. ugh.
- stretch marks are mainly hereditary so no amount of creams will prevent them if it’s in your family’s history (but the cream will help with itchy skin due to stretching)
- baby starts entering REM sleep at week 28 so i’m already certain she is dreaming BIG!
- she is starting to regulate her own temperature by week 30
- most women gain 1-3 pounds in their breasts (i’m on that low end but i’ll take it!)
- because pregnant women have 40-50% more blood than non-pregnant people, that adds 3-4 pounds of our weight gain (isn’t that insane?!)
- by 30 weeks, she is measuring around 17 inches (WHAT) and weighs around 3 pounds!
- each week after 30 week, she will gain 1/2 pound each week (which means i’ll be gaining about 1 pound)
- remember those commercials in the 2000s about ‘restless leg syndrome?’ well, karma is getting me for making fun of those because i have it and it is weird and irritating. when i go to lay down, my feet sometimes feel like there is in invisible string inside them and forces them to jerk and just feel gross internally. it’s so weird.
- heartburn is to be expected pretty much every night the instant my head hits my double-stacked pillows
- i am averaging about 4 hours of sleep a night – thanks insomnia and heartburn
- it’s quite odd to already have a belly and then still get bloated on top of that #huge
- she now kicks my bladder frequently – those kegels are paying off because i haven’t peed anywhere i’m not supposed to (yet)
- my nose is stuffy every night, which is yet another pregnancy symptom
- i have retired my wedding rings for the time being because it causes too much anxiety to try to get them off as my fingers randomly swell
less intense about this but we just changed sugar’s wet dog food and the new one made me gag.
this month i’ve been on a salt kick. maybe i should just invest in a salt rock, keep it at my desk and give it a few licks throughout the day. that’s how much i want it.
i also totally overindulged at my in-laws in florida because my mother-in-law is a fabulous cook so now i’m craving her cookies again!
this month her movements have been insane! it is getting much more distinct so that i can feel either a long arm or leg! i have even felt her little imprint of a foot kicking the crap out of my insides. it’s pretty bizarre to look down and see my stomach wiggling and moving and having a mind of its own, which i suppose it technically does!
it was around week 26 that my husband put his hand on my stomach and she moved BIG time. he pulled away his hand and with wide eyes said “there is someone in there!!!”
- sleep, glorious sleep
- not having heartburn
- my clothes fitting
- regulating my own temperature in the heat
LOOKING FORWARD TO
- figuring out what position she is in in my belly!
- my husband is currently home for a full 2 weeks – yay!
- continuing with our childbirthing classes!
want to not do whatever you are supposed to be doing and read about my earlier month progression? i have you covered: