Pregnancy Update on Bavery: Month 4!
it’s time for another pregnancy update and i’m still trying to figure out the timing of these suckers. i think my month 5 post will happen as i near the end of my last week in that month. as i write this, i am actually 19 weeks today but month 4 occurs between week 14-17 so that’s what i shall fill you in on!
by the end of month 4, the baby is the size of my palm of my hand and weighs about 5oz!
i keep a weekly journal of the growth, weird things that happen and my inner thoughts that don’t always need to be blasted on the internets! here are the highlights from that journal:
- announcing we were expecting our bavery (baby avery)!
- starting to look more pregnant and not just bloated
- booking our babymoon (more on that later)
- my husband traveling for two weeks but a hilarious story coming from it. check out his video about getting kicked out of a speaking gig because of wearing jeans! this is also why i took my own mirror selfie for weeks 15 & 16.
- my GI track was messed up before making a human and now it appears to be getting worse
- my lungs now at 30-40% more capacity, which allows my blood to carry large quantiles of oxygen to the baby and placenta
- despite increased capacity, shortness of breath is due to decrease carbon monoxide in my blood
- rib cage will enlarge 2-3 inches in circumference in pregnancy!
- abs and joints in pelvis are beginning to soften and loosen
- still feeling quite dizzy and lightheaded, which makes working out difficult
- still feeling tired but no where near as exhausted as the first trimester
- towards the end of this month, sleep started becoming more elusive
muuuuch less than it was in the first trimester – thank goodness! i still don’t want any type of chinese, japanese, thai, vietnamese food or anything in that category. i also hate taking my omega-3 pills (even when frozen and taken before bedtime) because i immediately burp up fish. i have to tell myself i’d rather take a pill than eat fish so suck it up, chelsea!
i want sandwiches. they say you aren’t really supposed to eat deli meat because listeria can live there quite nicely on it but you can eat it if it’s steaming hot. a sesame bagel with egg and ham has been my most constant craving.
i am also craving cheeeeese, the real, dairy filled stuff but alas – i am still lactose intolerant.
during week 16, i’m pretty certain i felt a flutter on the upper right side of my belly! i was sitting across the table from my mom and my sister was in town visiting. the baby obviously wanted to say “haaaaay!”
i think i’ve felt a few more little flutters but since my GI system is a bit out of whack, my stomach is constantly gurgling and making noise so it’s hard to tell.
i have been managing at least 3 workouts a week. i miss working out hard and really sweating but due to my dizziness, i can’t safely do what i used to. i am focusing on the fact that at least i’m moving my body (and sometimes just putting on athletic wear makes you feel better).
- friends back in portland
- my pre-pregnancy energy
LOOKING FORWARD TO
- our babymoon at the beginning of may!
- finding out the sex of our baby!
- checking out our birth center!